AHLAN WASAHLAN WAMARHABAN BIKUM!

Welcome to my humble blog. Please give comments about my blog, especially the content and the grammar part :)

Sunday, December 12, 2010

BOOKS ON TRAVEL & GUIDING

Assalamualaikum and good day!!

I have a habit of buying books that I do not usually finish it. Although this habit is considered by many as not good and a waste, I have my own views. Although I did not finish my books immediately, certain chapters in the books did helped me understand about a particular topic. However, certain books and novels had been successfully completed.

Today, on my way back home from KL Central (to buy air ticket to Jogjakarta) I saw a book fair at the KL Central. There are lotsa books and magazines but I none interest me except books that are at the Travel section. After looking, examining and reading the synopsis of certain interesting books, I decided to purchase one good book on history that only cost me RM5.00!! And the book is authoritative because of the references and the credibility of the author.

The book is entitled 'Asal Usul Negeri-Negeri di Malaysia' written by Datuk Datin Paduka Zakiah Hanum, an ex-Malaysian National Archieve Head Director. I find the book useful and it helped me understand the history of the Malay states in Malaysia. The author quoted credible references and authors of the past historians as early as 1495!!

Although the facts and the stories about the Malay states kept me interested, the whole text is quite academic in nature. It could be more interesting if it adopted a more story telling approach like the one I bought from Ms. Ezee, entitled Insider's Kuala Lumpur by Lam Seng Fatt. The latter book is never boring no matter how many times I read it (the English is good too!)

'Ala kulli haal, for those of you who wish to enhance their knowledge on Malay States history, I recommend you to buy the former book. Please bear with the presentation of the book, just focus on the beneficial facts, stories and authenthic illustrations that are included in the book. Tour Guides would also find this book useful especially when they want to explain about the history of each Malay states.

OTHER BOOKS THAT IS WORTH READING FOR TOUR GUIDES & TRAVEL PROFESSIONALS

  1. Malaysian Customs & Etiquette, A Practical Handbook by Dato' Paduka Noor Aini Abdullah-Amir
  2. SURVIVAL ARABIC by Fethi Mansouri and Yousef Alreemawi.
  3. Thifl Al Qaryah (Kampung Boy) by Dato' Lat
  4. OIC Tourism Directory by OIC and Tourism Malaysia
  5. From Poor Migrant to Millionaire CHAN WING 1873-1947
That's all for now, happy reading!

Wassalam

RM Hafiz
12 December 2010




  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Thank you :)