AHLAN WASAHLAN WAMARHABAN BIKUM!

Welcome to my humble blog. Please give comments about my blog, especially the content and the grammar part :)

Friday, December 17, 2010

The most forgettable tour assignment ever...

Dear diary,

I had a wonderful morning today. Although I woke up late, I was immediatelty feeling happy upon opening my Facebook account.

Guess what?

Customers, bebeh.... I got customers/clients from Facebook and this was not the first time. I felt very happy and joyful, or as the Malays say " hatiku berbunga bunga riang " :)

I got a call at 1300 hours from my friend,  J and she offered me a tour assignment. It was a tourist transfer job from KLIA to PJ Hilton and this time, it's the Iranian tourists' group. My first time EVER..

I accepted the offer and head to KLIA. Had to pray Juma'ah on the way so as to reach at KLIA on time, at estimated time, 1530 hours. I managed to reach KLIA approximately at 1530 hours, but there was no call from the Iranian tour leader yet. The tourists from Iran has not arrived.

We (I and Mr. Rajan, the coach driver) waited from that hour until 1850 hours, only then ALL the tourists was found and properly assembled. Just imagine having to wait from 1530 to 1850, what a waste of time!

3 hours late from the actual supposedly aircraft arrival! 

Well, maybe I haven't had this long delay before from my previous tourists groups. So, I excused myself for being fussy and moody. Me and the Iranian tour leader met at Level 3, KLIA and successfully find all the people in the tourists group. At that time, I think almost 1900 and I led the group to Level 1, the coach bus level.

SMALL BLUNDER, BUT NO BIG DEAL..

I did lead them to Level 1, but it was a different Level 1. Although I have familiarised myself with  Level 1 and Level 3 (the international arrival hall) before, for some unknown reason, I led them wrongly. We used the KL Express (the express train) elevator, NOT the supposedly normal elevator. So, they (the tourists) were mumbling in Iranian language and I quickly led them to the right elevator, leading to the right Level 1. 

No mistake this time, but the tour leader also mumbled at me because of my mistake. It was understandable why the tourists were grumbling, they were TIRED! But, until now, I do not know what caused such an inconvenience and absurd delay time to the Iranian tourists.

I never bother to talk much with the tour leader; she's busy and won't care about my concern very much. She probably did not know herself too! 

After loading their luggage onto the bus storage compartment, we were all ready to go. I helped the tour leader to make sure nobody is left behind and after she said all were already on board, I said one Arabic word, with the hope that they (the Iranians) understood.

Iranians are not Arabs. They are Persians, so Arabic isn't their language. As I have no idea at all about Iranian language, I purposely tried Arabic words, with the hope somebody will understand. Arabic and Persian are different, but I think the language root might be about the same. I said, 'TAMAAM' meaning complete, just after making sure all were already on board. A man, well dressed in a jacket smiled and replied back TAMAAM. Hah, I knew I was right! (I think so)  :)

PJ HILTON

On the way to PJ Hilton, the tour leader talked a lot. She’s good, although I do not understand the language. Upon reaching PJ Hilton, I was the first to get down the bus and rushed to the hotel. I immediately asked the concierge staffs to help me with the tourists' luggage, and they helped me promptly.

It was raining lightly and the process of unloading the luggage had to be done as quickly as possible. I was sweating a lot (like usual) in the process and after making sure with the driver that nothing was left in the bus storage compartment, I hurried with the tourists to the hotel. I didn’t have much time as the bus is blocking the way and I need to get to the bus quickly. The driver agreed to help sending me to the nearest LRT station for me to go back home.

I quickly meet the tour leader and asked her if all the tourists' luggage were there in the lobby. I cannot recall her answer, but somehow, from her expression and the tourists’ reaction, I knew it is in the affirmative. I said I need to go back home (it’s getting late; they were supposed to arrive here much earlier).

I think she’s busy with her group, but she managed to entertain me nevertheless. After ALL the delay, problems and hard work, I think I am entitled to ask for a small favor, at least a THANK YOU. I didn’t receive the favor I hoped for and was really frustrated. Is it soo hard to say at least THANK YOU/SHUKRAN/etc….?

This has got to be THE MOST FORGETTABLE TOUR JOB EVER!


   
Argh,

Hafiz
17 December 2010

1 comment:

  1. latifah:when we are completing our tasks..sorry,tq, n any other simple n meaningful words are not the things to be received but the things need to be given....to be great person, u've to face great challenge..all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. Thank you :)